Baader 2" MPCC Mark III (Multi-Purpose Coma Corrector for Newtons) 2458403
2" MPCC V-1 Mark III Newton Coma-Corrector Set, Visual and Photographic Version
• Coma Corrector for Newton telescopes, that neither does reduce the focal length nor the image field of your telescope
• 46 mm clear lens diameter in M48 mode – enables exposures free from vignetting
• designed for fast f-ratios up to f / 3.5. Maximum sharpness across the entire image field
• Phantom Coating™ Group, multicoated for maximum transmission and total freedom from reflections
• Visual & Photographic Version consisting of:
• 2" Multi-Purpose Coma Corrector (MPCC) Mark III photographic #2458400A
• Focussing eyepiece clamp 1¼" to T-2 (T-2 # 08A) #2458125
• VariLock 29, steplessly adjustable T-2 extension from 20–29 mm (T2 #25Y) #2956929
• Optionally recommended: Hyperion/Morpheus 2" Fine-tuning Stop ring #2958027
The Multi Purpose Coma Corrector Mark III eliminates coma across the full photographic field without manipulating the focal length. The proprietory lens design has our Phantom Group™ wideband multicoating on all air to glass surfaces. This treatment delivers highest transmission combined with lowest amount of scatter and reflections across a very wide spectral range from UV to NIR. The original MPCC had been designed for an f/ratio of f4.5 to f6. The new Mark III however works exceptionally well even down to f3.5. Stars remain pinpoints across the field and the visual use likewise is made much easier - with the help of the 2" (M48) male filter thread at the eyepiece facing side.
The base-element 2858400A is prepared for use with a DSLR and a standard T-ring, it can be used over the T-2 thread on all standard T-rings. Since the T-thread vignettes with cameras with larger sensors (such as full-format DSLRs), the T-2 thread can be removed. Then an M48 thread is free, and the free aperture increases from 38 to 44 mm. The M48 spacer ring for MPCC III / Protective EOS T-ring can be connected directly to the Protective CANON DSLR T-ring.
This means that you do not only have sharp stars in the entire picture but also illuminate large sensors!
In addition, the MPCC can be used both visually and photographically. The V-1 set # 2454803 contains the necessary adapters for most eyepieces or cameras with a 1.25 "socket - a detailed description can be found in the manual, which can be can be downloaded as a PDF under the tab "Downloads". The basic element of the MPCC can be upgraded at any time for visual use, all necessary parts are also available separately.
WARRANTY: 24 MONTHS